I came across this article recently and found it amazingly useful. It’s a collection of other articles, guides and albums demonstrating some 50 different “techniques” and styles used in photography.
- High Speed Photography
- Tilt-Shift Photography
- Black and White Photography
- Motion Blur Photography
- Infrared Photography
- Night Photography (lots of useful rules of thumb for shutter speeds in different lighting)
- Smoke Art Photography
- Macro Photography (very good guide on “making” your own macro out of two other lenses)
- RAW Processing
- Panoramic Photography
- Special Issues:
- Architectural Photography
- Fixing photos from airplines
- DIY Lighting Hacks
- Lighting Simulator
- Photo Filters
- 10 Top Photography Composition Rules
This next section is just snippets and particular links I found useful.
Black and White Photography
When to use filters:
- Red filters will darken the sky, creating a moody atmosphere.
- Green colored filters are particularly useful for landscapes, as they create a contrast between different shades of green.
- Blue filters are effective for haze or misty conditions
A long, long list of free Lightroom 4 presets
DIY Lighting Hacks
I really liked this one. Included is how to make a “Poor Mans Ring Flash” (using a milk jug), how to make your own light tent, a couple different examples of how to bounce flash using a TTL flash and my favorite: a budget full lighting system
, using hardware store flood lights, light diffusers made from bedsheets, reflectors made from vehicle window shades and some homemade flash diffusers.
Posted in Personal, Photography.
– September 21, 2012